Migraine Treatment Specialists
Millions of women and men are affected by the debilitating pain of migraines. The physicians at Valley Neurology and Pain treat successfully patients with migraines throughout Phoenix and Peoria areas by using minimally-invasive approaches aimed at reducing headache symptoms and frequency.
How are migraines and other headaches diagnosed?
Diagnosis of headaches begins with a medical history to identify potential risk factors, followed by a review of symptoms and a physical evaluation of the neck and spine. Diagnostic imaging may be used in a few cases, and often, minimally-invasive procedures like facet joint injections in the cervical spine (the portion of the spine located in the neck) can help pinpoint the root cause of headache pain.
How are migraines treated?
Valley Neurology and Pain uses an array of innovative treatments for the management of migraines and chronic headaches.
Treatment options include:
- Facet Joint Injections, which are injections of steroids and pain medications to relieve both inflammation and pain
- Epidural Steroid Injections, which are injections administered to the area surrounding the spine and used to block pain sensations
- Occipital Nerve Blocks, which are injections that block pain sensations in the nerves located in the back of the head
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), which creates tiny lesions on the nerves, blocking transmission of pain signals
- Injections which block the transmission of pain signals associated with migraine headaches and some other types of headaches
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia (MUA), which is a sequence of movements and stretches performed under sedation to help relieve inflammation and compression that cause or contribute to headache pain
- Interlaminar Epidural Injections
- Transforaminal Epidural Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
For people with chronic headaches and migraines, injections and other minimally-invasive procedures can be administered on a routine basis to reduce the frequency and symptoms of headaches.